I’d be listing the usual, everyday thing that people usually do to other kids/babies that they think is okay but is actually NOT. And every time I tell people off for doing such to my kid, ako pa nagmumukhang maldita/suplada/atribida/feelingera/mapangmata. Eh hello?! Anak ko yan eh! Do you expect me to think of your feelings first before my child’s welfare? Hello!
Anyway, here they are…
10. Do not touch my baby! As in don’t. Especially if I don’t know you. A complete stranger is not supposed to touch any part of my kid. Mapangmata na kung mapangmata, but I don’t know you. Pano kung may kachichas ka? Mahahawa pa ang anak ko. And don’t ever tell me ang arte ko, because if that kid got bacteria from you, ako naman ang gagastos at mag aalaga. Not you.
9. Do not give my baby anything without asking my permission first! Yes. Please don’t. You’re not really sure if that baby has allergies or if the baby is allowed to eat/touch that. Some families have rules with regard to food or stuff. Plus, I am not sure if you are a kidnapper or a serial killer who wants to kill my baby. Praning na kung praning, but when it comes to my child, I want to be a hundred percent sure. If you want to give the baby anything, have some respect to the parents/guardian by asking their permission first. Hindi naman mahirap yun eh. And if they say no, don’t think of it negatively. Each parents have their own parenting style. It may sound absurd to you but if it works for the baby, then by all means they have the right to do that.
8. Do not allow your kid to touch my baby! This is a major headache for me. Some kids/toddlers, would touch Skye. Andun ang parents, hindi manlang sawayin! Yung iba, madumi ang hands and then would touch my baby’s hands or face. Eh hello! Sanggol yung akin. Others naman would kiss my baby on the face. Ako sinasaway ko ang bata. In a nice way of course. Like, “no baby don’t touch her coz she’s too small pa” or “no baby do not kiss her on the face, feet only”. Mga ganyan. But since andun naman ang parents/guardian, sana naman kayo na sumaway sa anak nyo! Coz I don’t wan’t to end up doing the next item.
7. Do not scold my kid, if she did something, tell me! I have my own way of disciplining the kid. Respect the parent by allowing her to discipline their kid. I hate it when people would shout at a kid just because may ginawang mali. I always see that here eh. Naiinis ako. If they anything, sawayin in a nice way then tell the parents.
6. Do not bully my child! Some people says/does things to kids without even realizing that it’s borderline bullying already. Like panunukso. Even if it’s just a joke, please no.
5. Do not shout when my kid is near! Especially if she’s sleeping. Some people are really either plain stupid or just inconsiderate. I mean, there’s a sleeping baby in a stroller. So why not keep your voice a little down? Okay lang yung minsan and hindi sinasadya. But those plain inconsiderate ones or simply taklesa, nakakaloka.
4. Do not pinch the baby! Okay. I know my little princes is a little of ball of cuteness but keep your gigil to yourself please! My baby would get hurt. And I never hurt my child so you have no right to hurt her. Kahit pa kurot-gigil lang yan. Pinch your own cheeks! Not my kid’s.
3. Do not kiss my baby on the face! I don’t care if we are friends or relatives. Do not kiss my baby on the face. Herpes is just one type of disease that can be passed by kissing. Flu, cough, colds, rashes – to name a few more. So please! It’s unhygienic. It’s not safe. And I am not happy.
2. Do not ever put laway on my baby as anti-usog! This is one pet-peeve. I mean, eeeeww!! Keep your laway to yourself. Come on! How kadiri is that? We have our own means to treat usog thank you very much. Your laway is not welcome to any part of my kid’s body. Kaloka!
1. Do not smoke near my child! This is a major no-no! I don’t care who you are, if you smoke near my child I’d tell you off. Second degree smoke is not allowed. Halos lahat ng sakit ng mga bata dahil sa sigarilyo – asthma, pneumonia, rashes, ear infection. Everything! You can google. You can ask your pedia. So to our dear smokers out there, please naman! If you want to burn your lungs, yung sayo na lang. Wag mo ng idamay ang anak ko.
There you go. I hope people would read this and realize that I am not just maarte. I am just protecting my child. So please don’t get offended if you did one of those and I’d tell you off. Some mums kasi would prefer na tumahimik dahil nahihiya or nag aalala na baka ma-offend ang iba. Baka sabihan silang maarte what. But not me. Lagi akong nagpapagalit ng mga naninigarilyo na malapit sa anak ko. I would smile say no to friends ho would attempt na lawayan ang anak ko. Sasabihin ko kasi paano nila malalaman na hindi sya okay sayo? Some mums would opt to keep quiet. But not me. Though I hope people would be able to read this post and they’d realize that there are mums out there who are not okay with things you do to a baby.