How To Be a Mummy Blogger: What You NeedSaturday, April 08, 2017 Blogging,
- Blogging platform. Are you going to use Wordpress.com or Wordpress.org or Blogger or Tumblr or Wix. Each has their pros and cons, really so it's more of deciding which platform to use. I'd probably do another post about it as this is another question I'm always getting.
- Blog Title. Yeah. Seriously. You have to honestly think and think real hard of your blog title. This is going to be your brand so it is very important.
- Domain. You could either buy your own domain or the free ones with .blogspot.com or .wordpress.com, but regardless. Your blog URL should be easy to remember and easy to share. Don't be like me. Everytime I'd share my blog URL, I would always end up spelling it out. Short ones are better But they should also be consistent with your blog title and your brand in general. I just can't change because it's my home already. So I have to live with my hard-to-spell blog domain.
- A list of your categories and blog theme.
- Nice picture for your About Me page.
- Nice write up for your About Me page.
- A well designed blog - SEO optimized, mobile friendly, easy on the eyes. With a cohesive theme and lay out. I'd also probably do a separate post for this 'coz this is another hot topic.
8. Be original. In a world full of Beyonce-wanna-be, just be you. I know and understand that sometimes, you feel like following the footsteps of your favorite blogger or your friend or celebrity is the best thing coz you like them very much. But you have to understand that they also filter whatever it is that they share on social media or their blog. Their life is never like that. So, paano na yun bes? And in order for you to be loved by your followers, you have to be unique. I swear, readers now look for uniqueness.
So there you go! I am thinking of turning this into a series. So I could at least pay it forward. Just watch out for future blog posts.
Also, I do offer blog branding services. Yep! Blog design, migration, setup, SEO, blog coaching! Everything you need to know. And everything I know, I'll share with you. Just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!
That's it! Till next time! Byeeeeers!