What is Dengue?
What the Common Dengue Symptoms?
- high, continuous fever that lasts 2- days
- skin flushing
- loss of apretite
- nose/gum bleeding
- abdominal pain
What To Do When We Suspect Dengue?
- Bring your child to the doctor if your child has high continuous fever of more than 2 days specially if the other symptoms mentioned above are present.
- For fever management, it is recommended that we give PARACETAMOL as this is the safest. Avoid Aspirin or Ibuprofen because both could trigger bleeding that would worsen the effects of dengue.
- Bed rest is a must and give lots of fluids.
- Bear in mind that there's no medicine that treats dengue. Still no direct cure.