My Short Stint as a Work At Home MumThursday, January 22, 2015 ReigningStill Mommy,
- I love the fact that I don’t have to brave the crazy Manila traffic everyday. My usual travel time is 1hour from Manila to Makati, that’s if I’m commuting via jeepney. If my Papa’s here, and I have a driver, it would only take us 15-30 minutes depending on traffic. Imagine the amount of time wasted everyday? And if I go home commuting and the traffic is crazy bad? 1-2hrs of travel time awaits me! Grabe talaga. Sayang ang oras. Precious hours I could’ve spent with my baby.
- I love that I don’t have to hurry up with my tasks. Because I could play it easy since I don’t have a curfew to beat. Hindi nagmamadaling matapos dahil kailangan pang umuwi.
- But I hate that I have this tendency to overwork. As in. Since I’m all free to work all day and all night, madalas, in my lame attempt to clear up my plate, I’d spend hours and hours working.
- I hate that I get distracted by the baby. I’m in IT. Kailangan ng madaming concentration at sandamakmak na utak. And if you have a baby who always wants to latch on you, you’d really get distracted. Sometimes, super focused na ako sa isang task then the baby would cry and would want to cuddle and latch. Ayun! Sira na. I have to feed the baby of course and prioritize her so pagbalik ko sa laptop, wala na ang thoughts. And it’s so difficult to find my groove back.
- I hate that I end up not having a proper sleep. As in the entire 1 week, wala akong tulog. Coz usually, I won’t be able to finish my task in the morning because of the baby. I could only do some minor stuff if she’s asleep. So at night, when she’s already tucked up in bed, that’s when I’d start really working. But still I would get disrupted coz she’d want to latch from time to time.